.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Wonderful Life of Aron

Me, me, and more me. What else is there to life?

Friday, November 28, 2003

Mmmmmm, I love Thanksgiving! Most of the time I only have one Thanksgiving meal, but this year I had Thanksgiving at Manda's house and mine, two great meals! In a way I'm glad Manda couldn't come to my Thanksgiving, that way she doesn't have to meet my embarrassing family, but this also means I didn't get to show her off, oh well. I didn't eat much at Manda's, wanted to save room for mine too, but for some reason my little bit filled me up. I couldn't eat much at home, but I had enough room for stuffing and pie!
Wednesday I went bowling with Manda, Kate, Dave, Jenny, Mike, Amber, and Matt. It was fun. On like the 4th or 5th frame of our second game I threw a gutter ball, then dropped my ball, then threw another gutter ball. I am SO ready for my bowling class! My first game I finished 4th I think, behind Mike, Dave, and Amber. My second game I finished 3rd behind Dave and Matt after coming from behind (last place). I took off my hat and sweatshirt, started "competing" with Jen, and finished with a bang!
Tuesday I went to the talent show. It was pretty nice, but there wasn't much variety. The schedule looked like this:
Joe Robillard - Guitar/Vocal, Women's Choir - Lip Sinc, Emily Seaver - Piano/Vocal, Jamie Scheffler - Dance, Shane Versalle - Guitar/Vocal, Alyn Kiel - Piano, Stanton Street Singers - Stomp type stuff; Gospel song; Stomp, Matt Semelbauer, Chad Rose, Eddie Fisher, Joe Robillard (aka Thwack) - Performed Teenage Angst, Patrick Hsieh (exchange student) - Piano, Lindsay Petsch, Jen Bowen, Laurie Kruger, Becky Putnam - Vocal, Riley Hughes - Guitar, Jessica Jaekel - Dance, Emily Semelbauer, Laura Semelbauer, Maranda Trevino, Trish Person - Vocal. Eddie Fisher and Scott Driskill were the hilarious M.C.'s, Maggie Gerhart had an funny "interpretive dance" as a filler, Gabe Dunbar had a hunting filler, and Heather Hershaft, Promise Long, and Tineel Casebolt had a funny sumo wrestling filler.
My mini review of the Talent Show:
I still think an Honors Choir such as Women's Choir should sing, not lip sinc, maybe only I think that (but it was my favorite performance, Scary Spice was the best). Emily is a really good singer. Still can't hear Thwack's lyrics, they need to turn the amps for their guitars down, it might sound cool if you're on the stage and can hear yourself singing, but we can't hear you. Patrick should be like Ta (our exchange student my freshman year) and join drumline. Someone couldn't hit the high notes in Lindsay's, Jen's, Laurie's, and Becky's quartet. I did not like Riley's solo, he has some nice expensive equipment, can tell he does know how to play it, but he still needs practice. In regards to Emily's, Laura's, Maranda's, and Trish's quartet, don't keep beat to one tempo and sing to another, if you have no tempo, don't snap you're fingers or tap you're leg, it makes the performance sound worse. Eddie and Scott were hilarious. The sumo wrestlers were pretty funny. Maggie was nice and entertaining. Joni Laus (the student director, a member of the stage crew, and a member of SSS) had a great mistake. Well it wasn't her fault, it was whoever was incharge of the lights. She was moving a microphone like stage hands usually do, and (I'm assuming Jeff Wildfong) turned on the lights. He quickly turned it off when he realized it was her, but then immediately turned them back on and left them on, stranding Joni in the middle of the stage with a microphone.
Had my first indoor soccer game on Sunday. We played Whitehall and beat them 6-5. They fielded practically their starting line-up from outdoor soccer. We have two middle schooler's at forward, a football player who has never played keeper before as our keeper, a few people that didn't play soccer this fall at defense, two bench warmers at forward and midfield, and a coach who hasn't played soccer in a year at defense on the team. The only people that played a lot in outdoor were one at defense, one at midfield, and one at forward. It felt good to stuff their "standout" players, they aren't really that great. I don't know if I just had a good game or if I'm actually starting to become good, but I think only one of their 5 points and most of our 6 points were scored when I was playing and they didn't get many shots. I had a really good game and I hope this trend continues. I would love to get my groove back, well I would love to have a groove and I would love to have a great season, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Our last game our coach is going to be gone so I'm going to be the coach and a player.

posted by Aron  # 12:47 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com