.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Wonderful Life of Aron

Me, me, and more me. What else is there to life?

Friday, August 22, 2003

Ok, next up "The History of Aron" - Volume III, half of high school. In 9th grade, my freshman year, I had the privilege of joining my sister again in a school. Freshmen are supposed to be intimidated by seniors and juniors, I knew all the juniors because of my sister and I kind of knew the seniors also because of her. I guess I had a fairly easy freshman year but it was still hard for me. After middle school I thought that's how the rest of my life in school was going to be so I started to become depressed but I always hid it behind a smile because no one likes sad people. I never saw a doctor so I was never diagnosed with anything but people just know some things, and if your not happy for 5-7 years straight, you might be depressed (I'm better now, no pity parties). This was the last year I tried out for the basketball team, but since I didn't make the team all through middle school (and I hated Mr. Vermulen and I let him know it) he cut me from the team (probably a little bit because I sucked, but I was better than some of the people that made the team). I went one on one with several players on the team and beat most of them. In marching band this year I was in the pit for most of the show. Our show was the Mexican show, don't remember what it was called. I marched cymbals for the last song. In drumline I was in pit again. Our show was Changing States. It was an awesome show, my favorite out of my 4 years in drumline. I missed our state competition this year because my flight back from Arizona got cancelled. Warren (our instructor) asked at the beginning of the year if anyone was going away for spring break and I said no because I didn't know I was leaving until Christmas. My parents, my Uncle Travis and my Aunt Sharon planned for my sister and I to go down to Arizona over spring break and they were going to tell us as a Christmas present. I was supposed to get back the day before state but my flight got cancelled because of a snowstorm in Michigan. Great. When we could finally fly back we left Arizona (90 degrees, sunny) to go home (snowstorm, negative degrees). Yeah, that was fun. Then later that year I went to Denmark with the Whirlwind Dancers. Every year we've been going down to Berea Kentucky, but this was completely different. I had a great time, met a lot of people, made a few friends, had a few flings. You know, the usual. Stayed there 3 weeks in four different towns. Our first city was probably the most fun for me. I stayed in two houses, switching every other night. In my first house I stayed with Henrietta, a tall pretty blonde, my second house with Maria, a shorter, girl-next-door-cute brunette. Can't get any better right? Well then I meet Christina, a small beautiful red head. Her way of introducing herself to me was "Hi, I'm Christina. Are you a virgin? I am". We got along too well, snuck out of my host family's house once to see her (and go skinny dipping). In that city I stayed with Nate, he still has no clue I snuck out once. In my second town I stayed with giants. I was 5'9"-5'10", not very short at all. I was the shortest person there. Josh was my roommate in this town. I stayed with Stig (pronounced Stee). He was fun. Third I stayed with Elsa and her twenty something year old son. He was fun. Staying with me this time was all 5 boys, Josh's mom(Patrice), and my mom. In the final town I stayed with 2 teenage girls, one around 9 year old boy, and one around 5 year old girl. The younger two didn't speak a word of English. That made it tons of fun especially when the 5 year old walked in on me in the bathroom. My roommates at that town were David and once again, (3 out of 4 towns), Nate. Why God why? I quit playing baseball and track this year but started defense on the school soccer team. For my classes this year I had Mrs. Cattellier for French and English, Mr. Gerard for geometry, Mr. Peterson for PE, Mr. Watt for percussion, and Mr. Rudat for science. Construction once again.... Yay me! 10th grade, my sophomore year, I started defense on the Varsity soccer team. Played in pit (out of choice) in marching band. Our show was awesome, it was Jesus Christ Superstar. Mr. Watt got fired. Warren taught band for the rest of marching band, that was awesome. Mrs. Wood took over after that, what fun! For drumline I was in pit again (out of choice again). Our show was Marching Season by Yanni and this is the first year we made a CD. This was another really good show. This year I took French II and one of our assignments is we had to teach a 2nd grade class French. I had Miss Guant's class. I was kind of worried, I didn't know a thing about elementary aged kids. I didn't know if they could wipe their own asses or not. We had fun and it was not bad. The kids were cool, they didn't stink, and they could wipe there own ass. My classes that year was Mrs. Cattellier for French II, Mr. Seaver for Algebra II, Mrs. Hester for English, Ms. Voights for biology, Mr. Hepworth for U.S. history, Mr. Watt/Warren Yaw/Mrs. Wood for percussion and Mr. Fiebig for ASH (Academic Support Hour, aka study hour). Mandatory ASH is a bad idea but the class was fun that year. Got to know Scott Liskey and Lupe Castello and got to know Amber Crow real well. No, nothing sexual you sick fucks. By the end of this year I knew I wanted to do something different but I wasn't quite sure what to do, I already had my weird shorts and I hate needles so no tattoos and no piercings, so what to do what to do..... To see the conclusion to this grand story, tune in tomorrow. Same place, same time. *crackle crackle* Static then complete silence.

posted by Aron  # 2:41 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com