.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Wonderful Life of Aron

Me, me, and more me. What else is there to life?

Saturday, August 23, 2003

Now on to "The History of Aron" - Volume IV, junior year through present day (may be a bit long). I started my junior year with the same mindset that I had at the end my sophomore year, I need a change. One day Montague had a power outage and I was thinking "What am I going to do today?!?!" Then BAM, in came my thought, I can dye my hair. O wait, I have a football game tomorrow for which I must play the drums in, o damn. Matt will get over it. I show up the next day with orange hair. Instantly Mr. Reed told me I had to wear a hat that night. Damn again. At the game it was sleeting and 20 degrees, everyone was freezing, but I had my hat on. After that the entire band wanted to dye their hair, its good to be warm. Because Montague had no power our football field had no power so we had to play our home game at Whitehall that day. That was actually pretty cool. In marching band that year I got forced to march bass drum. There goes me being pit king all four years of high school. I soon became known as the Thunder God though because my senior year I got moved to the biggest bass drum and I liked to play loud. Our show that year was West Side Stories. I didn't really like the show but it got us to state. In drumline I made it back to my beloved pit. Our show that year, and our second CD was Disney's Reflections of Earth. It wasn't really a bad show but I like all of our other shows better. It lacked something. I started center defense for the soccer team this year. We sucked again. My classes this year were Mrs. Patterson for government and economics, Mr. Reed for percussion, Ms. Snowden for English, Mr. Seaver for business and consumers math, Mr. Lawrence for computers/typing, Mr. Pascoe for chemistry, and Mrs. Coppess for ASH. Not really a lot happened that year except for having a different hair color every month. This year my best friend came out of the closet. Justin Peterson announced what I suspected for years, he was gay. It was odd, but the way I see it is he is the same person he was before he just has different tastes in people that I do. I'm probably going to get some religious people mad at me with this but I don't believe being gay is bad. It happens. If God thought being gay was really bad he wouldn't have made people gay if he really loves everyone as much as everyone says. You can tell with some people if they are going to be gay at birth, so that means people are most likely born gay, they can't help it. It's not like one day they wake up and say, "Oh, I'm going to go against what I feel just to be different and thus causing all homophobics to hate me, and causing me to be damned and go Hell, I think I'm going to pretend to like the same sex as mine. YAY!! It will be fun". That's just stupid. Ok, I'm done sticking up for my gay friends now, back to the history of my life. My senior year was fun, quick, and a lot happened. My classes were 1st hour Mr. Reed for percussion, 2nd hour Mrs. Coppess for psychology/sociology, 3rd hour Mrs. Cotter with English, 4th hour Mr. Rudat and ASH, 5th hour Mr. Leatrea for physics, 6th hour lunch, 7th hour Mrs. Hulce with Spanish (Espanol), and 8th hour Mr. Eslick and international studies. Everyone dreads international studies but I actually liked the class. It was hard and there was tons of homework but the class was fun and interesting. At the end of the year I learned how to cook in that class. We were doing a unit on India and he had us make Indian food and I was one of three cooks. Brad Diamond, Jeff Hawkins, and I made the food. Our marching band show that year was called Time Travel. Most of the songs came from Back to the Future, but one song, Perpetual Motion, who knows where that came from. I marched the big bass drum, the second biggest and heaviest instrument in the band (excluding the mallet percussion). I was the only senior in percussion. During marching band I started dating Sarah Cassidy. About a month and a half into our relationship we started to talk less, and I was going to talk to her and try to fix things. I tried looking for her before school, couldn't find her. Then after school she was running late so I couldn't talk to her then, and she gave me the dreaded note of death. For all you readers out there, don't dump someone in a letter, or over the phone, or on an answering machine (*cough Kara cough*), or in an email, and definitely not through someone else. Tell them yourself. If you supposedly care for them too much and you can't do it in person then why are you dumping them? Sorry, I'm still disappointed in the way I got dumped, she couldn't even tell me herself. Make it easier for her by making it harder for me. Say you care for me too much to do it to my face, obviously you don't care for me because you know damn well that writing a letter makes it harder on me. Ok, I'm done bitching again. I became good friends with a lot of new people this year. I quit caring what other people thought of me and just started doing what I wanted to do. A lot of the friends I made this year though I made through someone that got mad at me so now I'm back to the same friends I had before my senior year, but I don't care, those are my true friends. The people that stay friends with me no matter what. To all the people that still admit to being my friends, I love you all, your great friends. To the people that shun me for stupid reasons, I don't care, you were boring and did the same things all the time anyways. Wow, I'm a bitch today. In drumline this year I played the big bass drum again. Our show was Stained Glass and another really cool show. We got jipped out of being 1st in state because of one judge. All the other judges ranked us as 1st place but that one asshole ranked us as 4th, so we got 2nd. O well, I know that were better than Columbia. Drumline was really fun that year, the people are really cool. We placed in state every year in marching band and drumline, we were the first class to ever do this, hell we were the first class to place every year in marching band let alone drumline. This was the third year we made a CD for drumline. This year I played baseball again. I am horrible now, but it was still fun. I had to dye my hair back to a normal color for baseball and drumline state finals. I needed to dye my hair back to get a job anyways, but it is now the end of the summer and still no one has hired me anywhere. Haven't cut my hair since either so now I have long brown hair with blonde tips. Not soon enough July came meaning graduation! Because our school and soccer field were under construction (once again) we had to have our graduation in the gym. HOT! This time is supposed to be a great time, everyone loves graduation, you're out of high school! That was one of the worst days of my life. I was still constantly depressed and then my mom told me I should talk about it. I said the reason why I didn't talk about it and why I hid it behind a smile was because no one likes depressed people, people like happy people. I started to talk about it like my mom suggested and then we had this huge family argument and proved my point. It will take me awhile before I take advice from my mother again. Besides that some of the reasons causing my ickyness were with the few months before graduation my neighbor that was more of a grandma to me than my grandparents was moved to a nursing home because she was dying. Then my girlfriend dumps me in a letter. Then my other neighbor's dog that I got raised with and I loved it like it was my own dog died. Then right before graduation I started to like this girl, my ex-girlfriends best friend when we were dating. I ask her out and she tells me no. Then my ex finds out that I asked her out and didn't tell her. Name one guy that gets denied then brags about it. Sarah got extremely pissed at me because I'm not allowed to date any of her friends even though I was the one that got dumped. She got all of her friends pissed at me also. At the time all my friends (besides like 2 or 3) that I thought were true friends were her friends so I lost all my "friends". O well, this is the most fun I've had in one summer my entire life without them. I think I've managed. I eventually asked Manda out again and she said yes. Going on 2 months a little more than a week from now (the 2nd). Misty has hosted many bonfires this summer and the first one got me in trouble. My curfew is midnight, my mom called Misty's house a little after 4am. Oops. This year the revised "Scooby Gang" did a lot. The Scooby Gang consists of my sisters friends that I have become friends with also. We are having fun with pictures too. Some of the pictures (along with some of his own) are posted on my friend's website (http://www.geocities.com/funforkids96/). We "toured" White Lake on a boat we rented. I was the only one that would jump in, it's not like White Lake is polluted or something. The only thing that changed is now I seem to be growing a third eye in the back of my head. This summer has been the first time I've actually been happy in a long time. Great summer. I've made some new friends, kept some of the old. Mixed and matched until I found the perfect group. Early in the summer Amber Bronson moved to Ohio with her boyfriend/uncle and now has a baby boy Connor. Josh Bronson moved to New York with his mom. About half way through the summer Mrs. Dahl, (my grandma neighbor) died and my parents wouldn't tell me. I found out from the people that moved into her old house. I met those people about 2 weeks before he told me this. My mom thought I shouldn't know or something so I had to find out from someone I didn't even know. The stupid bitch ass cunt mother. She keeps fucking me over. I'm sick of her shit. Over the summer I decided I was going to either help out the percussion line in the marching band or help out the soccer team. I watched 2 band practices, was bored most of the time. I can't deal with Matt's sass anymore, I'm through with him. The varsity soccer coach offered me an assistant coaching position. By that time it was a hard decision whether to help the band or soccer..... Hmmm, I wonder which one I chose. I am currently undefeated as a coach. We play Whitehall Thursday, hopefully we can keep our winning streak going. I start college at Muskegon Community College (U of M - University of Muskegon) on the 2nd. I have psychology 201 Monday through Thursday at 9:05-10:00, PE 103 (weight training) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:10-12:10, astronomy 101 Monday through Thursday from 12:20-1:15, and English 101 Monday through Thursday from 1:25-2:20. Through all of my scholarships I have college completely paid for. One of my scholarships is now void because I already have college paid for and then some left over. Pay attention in class, do well on the MEAPs, do well on the ACTs, apply for every grant, financial aid, and scholarships possible (but don't pay to be put on a list, pay money to get money doesn't make sense), and be poor. It helps. I can't escape the construction. At all 3 schools that I've been to they have had construction my last year in it so I don't get the benefits from any of them. Guess what there going to be doing at MCC soon?!?!?! Re-doing the library or media center or something..... MORE CONSTRUCTION!!!! Why does God hate me? This is me up to date, and I shall keep you informed on my life from time to time. Until then, this is Aron Briggs, saying, "Good fight, good night!"

posted by Aron  # 1:07 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com