.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Wonderful Life of Aron

Me, me, and more me. What else is there to life?

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

(Continued from earlier post)

Second grade came and went, nothing really happened that year. I had Mrs. Vandervelde, another cute teacher. Our classroom was known for having The Loft. Third grade I had Mr. Sawin and Mrs. Hill. Mrs. Hill suggested to my mother that I might have ADD, don't know what she's talking abou... ooo look, a spoon!! Mr. Sawin taped me to my desk one day, then we had a fire drill, my classmates had to carry me out of the class in my desk, thankfully I was the shortest kid in our class, almost the school. One day on our way in from recess I got into a fight with Martin Kropt. He was being an asshole so I pushed him, he pushed me back. This lasted a while until I pushed him into one of those big art sinks and he fell into it and everyone laughed at him. Then when get got up he punched me right as Mr. Sawin walked into the bathroom. I didn't fight back anymore, we both got sent to the office. He got suspended and I received an "it probably wasn't your fault." That summer I met Tiffany and Katrina Temburg. Josh started dating Tiffany and I started dating Katrina. Summer ended and so did the fling. 4th grade I had Mrs. Hallack as my teacher. After lunch if you stay and help the janitors clean instead of going to recess you get a big cookie at the end of the week. I would stay and then miss about an hour of class during reading time because Mr. Hallack, my teacher's husband, was the janitor. I read the books on my own time. This year is when they finished remodeling the elementary school, a trend that will haunt me for the rest of my life. 5th grade I had Mr. Sawin again and I started to become quiet, I was the class clown. Our class was the first to have 5th grade in the elementary school, so we were the oldest in the school two years in a row, making a clear division between our class and the class of 2004. This year I started playing soccer, started a lot later than most people I play with now, started when I was 10. Didn't play much this year, but I learned quickly. I started out playing midfield, played midfield until high school. It all changed there, but that story is coming soon. In 5th grade joined "The New Morris Team". We were a group of kids who performed old folk dances and morris dances. Morris dancing is sweet! Every March or April after this first year we would go down to Berea Kentucky to perform in the Mountain Folk Festival. Our first year down in Kentucky there was a tornado. Because this was our first year there we became known as the dancers that brought the tornado. Our name soon changed to the Whirlwind Dancers, (get it?!?!) We started out with about 40-50 kids and the numbers slowly dwindled. The few that are left (about 10 people) have perfected the art of dancing (well most of us, all three of us that were original members are naturally the best and true leaders. I think Carol did something to teach us to be successful. Among the remaining members we are now a soccer coach, the captain of the cheerleading squad, going to respectable colleges, and being successful in the less popular colleges. Our few high school students left are successful in there areas. Some time in my years of elementary school I got a pet rabbit named Rosey. My sister and I fed her table scraps. She died from being too fat, but she died happy and full. One of my closest friends also died in this time. Corky Freeman. My dog that lived at my neighbor's house. She was my dog, not theirs. In these 7 years of elementary school I'm sure a lot more happened but this is all that I can think of at the moment, might make another entry at the end of "The History of Aron" chronicles. Until next time, this is Aron Briggs, reporting live from my computer. Stay tuned for the next episode and don't touch that dial!

posted by Aron  # 5:07 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com